
Wow... I've often dreamed of how I'd one day tell my husband "we're pregnant!" It usually involved buying some cutesy item to wrap as a gift... most often baby books. I thought I'd just "know" in that female intuition way, take a test before he comes home from work, and be waiting at the door with a surprise when he arrived.
I didn't think he'd be the one to tell ME we're expecting. 4 years in med school and I can't diagnose a pregnancy. They never tell you how hard it is to read those silly pee sticks! So I DID take a test before he came home... thought it was positive, looked at the example pictures on the directions, decided it was definitely negative. By the time he came home I had something else entirely on my mind. Knowing I was "late" he asked if I'd taken a test (knowing there's no way I could wait long enough for him to get home!). When I confessed I had but "it was negative... I think" he convinced me to do another, then insisted that the phrase about how it's still positive if one line is lighter than the other was, in fact, in the instructions for a reason. "LOOK! On the illustration the second line is lighter, too." Well, true. I was hesitant to get excited yet. So we drove to CVS and bought another brand, repeated the whole scenario, argued over light lines versus dark lines until I was assured... Yep, we're expecting! Thirty seconds later we were headed out the door to celebrate with dessert.
Next time we do this thing, I'm sticking with the two pink lines -- they're easier.
2 comments:
Congrats Jenn and David!! Yall are going to be wonderful parents :) Little Hong is one lucky baby!
-Heather
I can relate to your story so much:):)
The new "clear blue" brand comes with the digital note: Pregnant vs not pregnant...
Just in case for the next time.
It is little late but I just found your blog totally by accident. But well wishes are nice even from a total stranger...
Congratulations!
Post a Comment