Monday, March 17, 2008

POP!

Peanut seems to have found some sort of "emergency release" button on my abdominal wall. A week ago Heather and I went maternity clothes shopping and I was afraid the woman working at the store thought we were just goofing off with the maternity clothes ('cause we were laughing REALLY hard trying on the fake pregnant belly they put in the dressing rooms!). Friends at church were insisting they couldn't tell I was expecting. Suddenly 8 days later I'm full-blown Mom-to-be to the point that strangers without manners could easily approach to ask when the baby's coming. David was gone for 5 days in Mexico and came home to a completely different wife. "WOW! Peanut's grown!" was the comment. Of course, only after complementing me on the new dress I was wearing (purchased just in time at aforementioned maternity store). Right now it feels more like dress-up, trying out new clothes each day. I'm not sure it'll be so amusing when I run out of new outfits (in like 2 days) and try going back to the old ones, only to realize they're no longer an option.

Peanut has otherwise been quite well behaved and seems to be enjoying his growing home. We went to a concert at the rodeo late last week. I read recently that babies in utero can hear outside noises by now, and I hope Peanut can still hear after such a loud night! He seemed to enjoy it, though. He'd started making himself known with kicks and twists the day before and broke out quite few moves at the concert. We already have a pair of cowboy boots waiting for him!

In other fun, we have the privilege of becoming foundation experts. We are blessed to be closing on our old townhome in the next 2 weeks (under contract after only 11 days on the market!). The money will come just in time to finance a project of "spiffying-up" the foundation to our new home, which is apparently in dire need of a re-do. All new homes have little surprises... we just didn't expect how extensive our little surprise could be. We're counting on finishing this, letting the dust settle, and saying good-bye to the nice foundation repair men in good time for Peanut to take over the house late summer. Wish us luck!

1 comment:

Charlie said...

Heather's preganant too?!
Man, I'm a dip.