Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Splash!

This entry is dedicated to the lovely babies of the NICU, who had a spendid night, and to Mr. "Author-of-the-30-Hour-Rule." I'm home, rested, and having a splashing time with Baby, thanks to you.

"Splash Pool" was the post-call afternoon activity. We picked up a little pool (complete with hippo-stylin' sun shade, how cool is that?!) and some water toys at Walmart on the way home. Jonathan actually loves shopping -- I guess there's a lot to look at. He would have been quite content spending the rest of the day at Walmart, to be honest.

I'm not sure who was more fascinated by the plastic hippo growing bigger with each puff of air -- I had the full attention of both Pepper and Jonathan. Peps won't admit it now, but he was a little scared of the thing at first. Jonathan knew just what to do. The moment there was any kind of form to it he climbed over the growing rim and sat right in the middle, then leaned over to slobber all over the plastic, which is quite frankly about what it looked like I was doing. Then he went for the toys, conveniently located nearby.






Pool inflated, we drug the hippo into the backyard to fill-er-up, with Peps running enthusiastically ahead. Jonathan was a little unsure at first, reaching out for me to hold him instead,



But once he made a splash or two, he was totally into it. Toys in hand, he splashed away 'til there was as much water on the lawn as in the pool.





Now we're cozy, dry, fed, and napping... for barely long enough for Mommy to throw some photos on the blog. And... there he calls....

No comments: