Thursday, November 19, 2009

Mom's Proudest Moment

Well... close to my proudest Mom moment. There was the day Jonathan was born, his first steps, and the day he first said Mama. But this ranks right up there.

Jonathan discovered "clean-up." After 15 months of wrecking havoc on the house, today he discovered that everything has a place to which it is to return. I came home from work and gave Jonathan a cup of milk. After drinking it, he asked me 'please' while pulling on the fridge door to get me to open it for him. He then reached his little hand up as far as he could go to put his cup back on the shelf. Hmm... nice. Later we were playing in his room and he unpacked boxes of wipes and burp cloths from a cabinet, then put them all back and closed the door. I was pretty pleased. It was when he unloaded all the socks from his drawer and proceeded to put each back into it's bin before attempting to stuff the bin back into the open drawer that I started to see the pattern. I think I'm going to like this phase! What are the chances he's this excited about picking up for the next 18 years? I'm doing my best to contribute... there was lots of praise and enthusiasm for each sock that made its way back in the drawer!


Here's my little munchkin at what I fear may be the peak of his enthusiasm for cleaning house.

2 comments:

Thumbalina said...

I'm sure knowing his parents, 18 years isn't too long to hope for :)

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! I can't wait to see him again :)