We were eager to visit David's grandmother, as well as his parents, and were delighted to see a lot of her this weekend. I couldn't believe his amazing Halmony not only went with us to spend the afternoon at the Minnesota Zoo, but insisted on WALKING the wheelchair around the zoo rather than actually sitting in it. It says something about why she's doing so great well into her 90's. I was eager to catch a photo of her with David's parents this weekend and snapped this one this morning before we left.
David's parents have an AMAZING garden (much more on that later). The other photo I really wanted to get this weekend is a shot of the two of them in their garden.
I was so happy with the way the photo of my in-laws turned out, we plopped ourselves down for a garden shot, too!
Sunday we celebrated David's birthday with his family, from his grandmother down to his little second cousins. It was such a fun day, and the kids really enjoyed all the time with their family, too.
This is the first time I've been at David's childhood home during the summer, and it's just gorgeous. He grew up in the most wonderful neighborhood, and just down the road is this lovely lake. It's beautiful in the winter, too, but I loved seeing how very green it all is during the summer. Saturday night we took a walk along the lakeside at sunset after putting the kids down to bed. So peaceful.





2 comments:
Beautiful!!
Gorgeous pictures and that is one delicious looking cake!
Post a Comment