Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Splash

Another cheesy haiku for the photography workshop :)  Joshua has totally fallen in love with water.  Cannot get enough.  Cannot get in it fast enough.  Tried to throw himself out of my arms into the TOILET while I was emptying the toddler potty earlier today, arms flapping, coo'ing "ooooh, oooooh, ooooh!" while trying to propel himself down.  

I've given him more than a few unnecessary baths this week because he goes totally wild while I'm setting up the bath for Abby or rinsing something in the sink and I can't help but give in.  

We went swimming on Saturday as a part of Jonathan's birthday celebration (saving that entry for when I have more time to think).  Joshua has gone from cuddling in the pool in the sling on my hip, actually falling asleep in the water, to entirely uncontainable, out of control with splashing joy.  He was a wiggly mess in the pool, squirming every which way to get onto his belly and get his hands out splashing in front of him -- sooo excited to be there.  

It's been so much fun to watch him explore the world more and more each day.  Since he's gotten quite comfortable crawling, he's into everything, of course, but he's also happy playing in his room for a bit at a time, exploring his toys as he makes his way back and forth a few times.  It's so fun to see.  









No comments: