Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Safari Shower

I just had the nicest weekend in Dallas. Carrie & Becky from my high school days in Dallas threw us a baby shower, complete with Safari theme to match Peanut's baby room. I got to catch up with aunts and cousins & my closest friends from growing up. It was wonderful to see everyone, and a bit humbling to be so lavishly loved on by such an incredible group of ladies. Peanut's got quite the makings of a baby room now and a library that would put most public libraries to shame. I can't wait to take his coming home photos in his new carrier and his new room. Hopefully we'll get his furniture in the next few weeks and can put his room together when we're off the last week this month. Below are just a few of the photos from the shower:


With my cousin Tobin, showing off my 29-week tummy.


Cutest sister ever, preparing for the party


With Carrie & Becky, incredible friends and incredible hostesses


Peanut trying on an adorable dinosaur outfit, a gift from his aunt Heather. Thank Goodness it'll be a little bit longer before it fits!


Mom showing me the 'manly' Duck in a Truck book she and Dad bought for David and Peanut to read together


With the Edstrom ladies: Nicki, Carrie, Margaret and Kimie
These great friends and hostesses made the most beautiful spread of shower goodies.

While Pepper and I were in Dallas, David was presenting his research at the American Society of Clinical Oncology conference in Chicago and visiting his cousin Susie & Jordan and their adorable little girls. He made it back just in time to make our Tuesday evening childbirth class. It's yet another of the many ways God has been showing me how lavishly blessed I am by my sweet husband -- I can't pick the words to describe how thoughtful and attentive he is as we've been preparing for delivering Peanut. Suffice it to say I'm deeply grateful for him.

3 comments:

Blake said...

How adorable you are! You look great pregnant. :)

Charlie said...

There's so much to comment on in that post.
#1. Carrie, Becky, you and me, we are old. We're not even 30 but we're old.

#2. I think it's funny that *you* knowing what you already know are taking childbirth classes. I mean, I'm sure it's still helpful, but it's funny anyway.

#3. All those Edstroms, and no Kimmie? She's technically family! :)

Jenn said...

Charlie!
1. Yeah... we've known each other more than 10 years. that's old.

2. Having birthed babies, you should know... birthing a baby is WAY different than delivering one. The woman's the one doing all the work -- the doctor cuts the cord and hand it over, common. I'm preparing for the real job now.

3. That IS Kimie, on the right... she had just gotten her hair cut that morning :)