Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Ohhh, that's what they did on the Arc. Today's Mommy Lesson

I'm learning all kinds of things from parenthood. Most are humbling (I'll spare you the gory details of the character revelations brought out by the sleep-deprived over-worked state).

Today I learned this while reading a baby version of Noah and the Arc to Jonathan:
"'God said He would protect us. He said we'd be safe inside. So here we'll stay to laugh and play, though we could have a rocky ride.'
The cows sang songs to the zebras. Frogs frolicked. Cats snored in their sleep. Parrots tap-danced on the elephants' heads, while the seals played ball with the sheep. Everyone was having such fun. There were giggles and smiles all around."

How NICE! What a pleasant world-wide flood. Too bad we missed out. I'm all about raising Jonathan with a working knowledge of the Bible, and I'm certainly not suggesting we get into the details of the plagues just yet, but I had to laugh at the sugary happy flood.



Jonathan loves Carrots! Yep, thanks to the Griffins for this yummy baby feeder. Jonathan loves chewing on frozen veggies stuffed into this little popsicle contraption.



All those fancy tags on the mirror, and Jonathan found the REAL tag to chew on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'd love to hear what the baby bible says about Sodom and Gomorrah!

Sandi Cohan said...

Mira always went straight for the real tag on her taggies blanket. What can I say, we just have smart kids!