I had to feel a little empathy for Jonathan this morning. He had so much to do... crawling around, pulling books off the bookshelf, pulling up and cruising around the furniture, dropping toys from head-height one after another to watch them fall. And it wasn't easy to do all that holding Monkey, who apparently insisted on being held all morning, no matter what Jonathan had to do or where he needed to go. It may be that Stunt Double Monkey arriving on the scene has made The Original Monkey a little clingy, and Separation Anxiety seems to be making an epidemic through the Hong House, with all children and monkeys under the age of 2 suffering severely. Watching Jonathan struggle to pull up, hold onto the furniture and cruise around while clutching Monkey by his paw quickly brought to mind scenes from yesterday... Jonathan's Mom pushing the shopping cart through Target, with baby on hip (not in the shopping cart seat, no way). Baby grabbing at everything we passed, while I tried to quickly find new PJ's to fit his growing legs and check on out of there.
I can't complain, though... before Target we hit Old Navy, and 2 stores in a day ranks yesterday as a MAJOR shopping spree. To the moms out there: Old Navy has a great sale on baby / toddler clothes. And to my husband: When you see the credit card statement... think of all the airline miles I earned us! It was all on sale. :)
And before I close, let's take a moment to admire my high-tech skills. That's right, did you note the "hyperlink" on Stunt Double Monkey above? With that achievement, I'm pretty much reaching Professional Blogger status. And I even figured it out without my brother's help. Yup, pretty pleased with myself.
4 comments:
So are you saying that Monkeys in your house, over the age of 2, are not suffering from separation anxiety?
Can he tell the difference between the 2 monkeys?
Hey Aubree! How's Penny? I checked out the Shay Clan site... Penny's photos are even a bit behind Jonathan's. :)
1) I thought he'd be able to tell a difference (seeing as the original smelled like it had soaked in baby spit), but nope! He embraced the new one just as enthusiastically and hasn't seemed to notice that they're taking turns. Don't know what that says about his sense of smell or IQ, but it works for me!
2) Heather: The monkey in the house over the age of 2 does not seem to be suffering from separation anxiety, at least not to the same degree as the baby and baby monkeys. There will be no further answers to questions regarding the older monkey.
You are right, that website is WAY out of date, but that doesn't mean our little precious one's life is not being over documented! Seriously, I have taken far more pictures of Penny than I have ever taken of anyone else. I can't imagine what I'll be like when I have a human child :)
I love the blog, thanks for sharing your pictures and stories! I am glad the subsitute monkey is working.
Post a Comment