Thursday, February 2, 2012

Happy, Happy Home

The past few days have been especially fun. We haven't done anything remarkable, but we've had a fun time together. This afternoon the rain was a real bummer for a certain boy who wanted to work at his construction site. Instead, we had a blankey dance party. Jonathan was very eager to share two of his own blankeys I could use to dance, since he and Abby have quite a few and I really don't. I love that the kids are still young enough that I can get away with using Steven Curtis Chapman albums from the 80's and 90's for our dance parties :) No pics from today's blankey dance, but here are a few from yesterday and today.


Abby was determined to wear the firefighter costume to breakfast this morning. Once seated with her costume secure, she was a delight.

Jonathan was just adorable at breakfast yesterday. After getting everyone's breakfast on the table I sat down to join them. "Thanks for coming to breakfast, Mommy!" he exclaimed, then gave me this little smile.

He was also glad to have his monkeys with him at breakfast.


What better way to wrap up a fun day than reading a book together...

... followed by a monster truck rally...

... followed by a naked boy serenade.


My first attempt at pigtails. The part isn't straight, but I got two rubber bands into her hair without making her cry, so I was happy. So was she. So was Jonathan, in fact. He said, "Mommy, Abby looks like a princess!"

While I wrote the post above, Jonathan had "quiet play time" in his room. I returned to find my excited three-year-old greet me with,"Mommy, Mommy! I made you a rescue helicopter! It's for you!"

He enthusiastically pointed out its features, including a "rescue beam" in the back, which is dipped down into the water to rescue people below.

He then began shouting, "Emergency! Emergency! Someone needs rescuing!" So I carefully lifted the helicopter and we went soaring over his play mat to the lake where the victim was waiting. As the helicopter flew, he reached up to the propeller, and to my surprise, it spun freely. We went "Wapapapapapapapa Wapapapapapapa" and completed a successful rescue mission. He then reminded me that the helicopter was made for me, but I should share it with Daddy. Good idea.

No comments: