We had a great Valentine's Day. ... Photos are all of the kids, of course!
For our own Valentine's Day celebration, David and I went out the following weekend to dinner downtown and saw Shadowlands in live theater. A friend of ours from church was in the show, and it was great. It's the story of C. S. Lewis' relationship with his wife Joy. So much good material from C. S. Lewis on the topic of suffering, not to mention a beautiful friendship and love story. It didn't fit well with my current migraine management plan, which includes "don't cry," as an essential step. It was quite a test of my now SIX DAY migraine-free streak (!!!) that I didn't get a raging headache following the show because whew... I don't think anyone walked out of there without crying. In fact, the old guy in front of me SOBBED, and sobbed. Anyways... wonderful show, wonderful date, great dinner. And the kids were hanging out with their best buddies at our friends' home.
The weekend leading up to Valentine's Day, Nonnie came to visit! We all enjoyed seeing her, and I got in a few appointments and errands on Monday while she took the kids to swim class and out to play. Nonnie caught some great iPhone pics of their day...
No comments:
Post a Comment