Thursday, May 24, 2012

Pet Store Field Trip

This morning we needed to take Pepper to the groomers. The kids get such a kick out of the pet store, and it's way cheaper than the zoo. Not to mention the animals are much closer. This one didn't have the doggie daycare that they love watching, but we had a fun time nonetheless.

[I've been playing with my photo organization and storage on my hard drive. These are saved for web resolution as smaller files -- if they're all pixilated, I guess I'm doing something wrong. We'll see...]

Though we saw fish, crabs, turtles, and sleeping kitties, the hamsters were the most exciting (i.e. the most active).

These two made me think of my sister.  I don't know if it's the two hamsters together that remind me of the two we bought sometime around my middle school years, or the fact that the bigger one seems to be whispering something interesting to the smaller.



 The rat was super exciting.  I think it had just jumped on top of its house -- how CRAZY is that?!?!?



The birds also kept us entertained for a while.

Abby was quite distressed to leave Pepper with the groomers.  It was so sad to watch her little lip quiver as she kept reaching back towards the grooming area calling, "Pepper holdyou!  Pepper holdyou!"  (which means more or less "I want to hold Pepper.")  The animals were a ready distraction.  As soon as the kids are up from their naps, we'll head back to pick up our cleaned-up dog :)

1 comment:

Heather said...

I was just telling someone the other day about our gerbils :) The one on the left, in that picture, looks like our old ones. They were so fun! You definitely need to get the kids gerbils when they're older!