Home life has been great, and very consuming. Getting my camera into my hands in the middle of the day has been just shy of impossible, but I tried a few shots with my new Lensbaby on some recent "field trips" to the Butterfly Center and the Asian Society Center. It's a difficult lens to learn requiring manual focus and manual manipulation of the limited focal spot, so I'm figuring it'll take a few months to get a good feel for it and get to a place where I can use it artistically. To most (and especially to Jonathan, who hates blur in photos!), this lens will seem impressively impractical. But I'm excited about it. Here's the Lensbaby:
Wednesday, September 25, 2013
First shots with a Lensbaby
It's a good season. I'm thoroughly enjoying homeschool life, as are the kids. And goodness, I'm learning so much. (So are they!) Today we put off our phonics and math lessons for a bit to let Jonathan work on his current project, a book he's titled "The Destruction of Neptune." :) And shortly, he was asking about the difference between an Index and a Table of Contents. As he made out the Table of Contents of his 10 chapter book, spelling PAGE brought a short lesson on long vowels and silent "e." It turned into an additional handwriting lesson, a discussion of astronomy, a bit of spelling.
Home life has been great, and very consuming. Getting my camera into my hands in the middle of the day has been just shy of impossible, but I tried a few shots with my new Lensbaby on some recent "field trips" to the Butterfly Center and the Asian Society Center. It's a difficult lens to learn requiring manual focus and manual manipulation of the limited focal spot, so I'm figuring it'll take a few months to get a good feel for it and get to a place where I can use it artistically. To most (and especially to Jonathan, who hates blur in photos!), this lens will seem impressively impractical. But I'm excited about it. Here's the Lensbaby:
Home life has been great, and very consuming. Getting my camera into my hands in the middle of the day has been just shy of impossible, but I tried a few shots with my new Lensbaby on some recent "field trips" to the Butterfly Center and the Asian Society Center. It's a difficult lens to learn requiring manual focus and manual manipulation of the limited focal spot, so I'm figuring it'll take a few months to get a good feel for it and get to a place where I can use it artistically. To most (and especially to Jonathan, who hates blur in photos!), this lens will seem impressively impractical. But I'm excited about it. Here's the Lensbaby:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment