Sweet Abby,
Celebrating your third birthday with you today was such a delight. It is so fun to see your bright creativity and imagination, and I am so looking forward to all the fun of your year as a three-year-old. Goodness, you were excited and proud today! While you knew we were celebrating your birthday from the moment you woke up, it wasn't until later in the day that it dawned on you specifically that as of today, you're THREE! Your face lit up with the wide eyes of excited discovery -- FINALLY! You've been waiting for this day for a good while, seeing as Jonathan's birthday and all it's anticipation gave you months of lead-up time.
Your love of art and music are as strong as ever. I can't tell you how lovely you looked in your ballerina outfit from Nonnie and Papa, donned as soon as you opened it this morning. Little pink slippers, leotard, and the "rainbow tutu" you picked out were really so lovely on you -- you really are quite the image of a ballerina. Watching you lose yourself in twirling and leaping warms my heart to no end. Soon it was on to art endeavors, as you were eager to try out the spin art from your Halmony and Hariboge. With such attention you set up the spinning machine and your paper, checked with me for permission to start the paint, and dropped your paint to swatch it spin. So fun! Your newest art is now hanging on your wall, proudly displayed for your party tomorrow morning.
I'm fascinated by your love of cats -- kittens, tigers, leopards... pretty much any cat. A few weeks ago when we took an afternoon to hang out, just the two of us, you wanted to go to the petstore to pet animals, and we were delighted to come upon kitties up for adoption who were willing recipients of your affection. Since then, you've been awaiting a "green and white kitty" for your birthday. We found a teal little stuffed kitten, and you totally adore the little thing. You were even more delighted when your Daddy pointed out that it matches "Pretty Puppy," the little gray-and-white one, quite well, and you carried the two around as "sisters" the whole evening. The highlight of my day was your request for extra snuggles at bedtime. Jonathan was going to bed a bit later, and I got to curl up in your bed and rub your back for a few extra snuggly minutes -- such a treat.
While it was clear you felt loved and celebrated today, I would bet that the highlight of your week and celebration was your morning with Daddy at the zoo yesterday. Your bright, slightly shy smile when I asked you about your trip hinted at how very special this time was. I know your Daddy has been looking forward to spending that day with you for weeks now, and you've been waiting for it, too. The two of you made my heart so full I nearly cried watching you walk to the car, holding Daddy's hand, in your pink dress, with your Hello Kitty backpack.
My Abby, watching you grow up is so much fun. Every day I enjoy seeing you play imaginatively with Jonathan and tenderly with Joshua. I love your commentary on the things you notice and want to share with me, and I am really enjoying your company in the kitchen as you've taken a real joy in helping me and your Daddy cook in the evenings. Sleep tight, my sweet daughter. I can't wait to see what the days ahead hold.
Love you to pieces,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment