The older I get, the more obsessed I am with the seasons. I seem to be rapid-aging this year. Which shouldn't be a surprise given 3 kids, homeschooling, and a house that is keeping me more than I am keeping it. I'm obsessed with the seasons, beginning a vegetable garden, and I'll confess I've gotten quite into bird watching. This week I interrupted the man talking with me about the A/C in the backyard to point out a hawk flying overhead. (Which was REALLY cool). Anyways... I'm tickled enough about spring that I've had my camera all up in the flowers and budding trees in the backyard for a good bit of the week. The kids are quite excited too. The best is Abby running around the park and jumping up and down at the flowers in the grass, "Mommy! Signs of spring! I found signs of spring!"
This shot seemed to have such potential -- I spent forever looking at these little buds. But I'm highly underimpressed with how it actually turned out. Anyways... it looked cool in real life.
(OK, that's hardly spring-like. It's a shot for an assignment to identify beauty in the aged / worn / natural state of things)
This little sunflower sprout was planted at the rodeo and is currently a part of our nature study. Every few days Jonathan's drawing it, measuring it, and helping to graph its growth. It will make its way into the backyard later this spring, along with Abby's
New swing set! Sooo much fun. The kids have been outside for hours every day since it arrived.
A few hours after the set was installed, the kids celebrated with friends.
"Bird-watching" from the fort.
First soccer practice of the season -- huddling with Coach Williams.











No comments:
Post a Comment