Ooooh, I love how Abby loves plastic beads and preschool jewelry and pink and bows and skirts. I wear jeans almost every single day. My shoes are the minimum necessary. I don't know where it comes from, but these little things will forever be "Abby" to be, and that makes me smile.
Joshua has discovered books this past month. He couldn't care less before. And all of the sudden, he runs around requesting, "buh! buh!" ESPECIALLY at bedtime. AMAZING how a 13 month old can procrastinate. I was rocking him to sleep the other night and he suddenly sits up pointing at the book shelf, "buh! buh!" I told him we were all done with books and asked him to put his head down and go to sleep. A few minutes later he points at the milk cup we had set aside, signing "more." No, no more milk. It's bed time. A few minutes of quiet, and he sits up, begins pointing to toys lined up along the floor exclaiming, "ut oh! ut oh! please!" Nope, we're not playing with toy, or even cleaning up more toys. It's time to sleep. 13 months. Who knows what bedtime antics he'll pull out in the years ahead!
But for now, I love seeing him enjoy his board books. His first favorite was "One Baby," a simple board book given to him by his pediatrician at his check-up.
He's also enjoying "I Love You, Good Night," the first book we bought before Jonathan was born.
In fact, Jonathan and Baby Dolphin have been enjoying "I Love you, Goodnight" again, too.
This guy isn't nearly as cute as my kids, but it took quite an effort to get him in focus, so he's making the blog post, too!









No comments:
Post a Comment