[Baby Milestone News Flash!: Jonathan has found his hands! God's Gift to Babies: It's a pacifier on a stick! He can see it, he can open his mouth eagerly, he can watch as he brings it all the way to... his eye. Misfire. We're going to need a little more coordination before Varsity try-outs.]





Meanwhile, I've been struck with a combination of joy and guilt. This bedtime thing is revolutionary. A bath, last meal, little story, pacifier, turn on the mobile ("Baby TV" per David -- Jonathan LOVES the mobile), and NightNight! To have a few reliable hours in the evening is amazing. And yet I can't enjoy them without realizing that the fact that I got up an average of 12 times an evening to drink or pee (can't do one without the other, now can you?) my entire childhood must have pretty much blown to bits those sacred 2 hours for my parents. SORRY, Mom & Dad! In retrospect, they should have considered a more definitive approach to my drinking/peeing habits than the simple "No, you have to go back to bed." I think checking my bloodsugar with a glucometer...

"If you're that thirsty, we should probably be sure you don't have diabetes"... might have just nipped that habit in the bud.
... Or maybe I still have a little to learn about parenting ;)
3 comments:
Ahh, crazy cute! I especially love Jonathan's facial expression in the fourth picture, and Aunt's picture with your first baby #1 - Pepper! :)
You also have the best-dressed boy baby I have ever seen. Good to start them young!
Haha! Love the diabetes check idea. Jonathan looks so much like his dad!
that 4th one is hilarious!!
I laughed out loud.
You need to blow that one up big and frame it.
Post a Comment