
So last night we're watching this intellectual documentary (okay, we were watching "What Happens in Vegas") when the whimpering starts over the baby monitor. Having already replaced the binky 62 times in 15 minutes and wound up the flying animals mobile enough to cramp my hand, I decided I would give him more time and wait to see what would happen. But as listening to my baby cry is excruciating and David seems to have a higher tolerance, I turned to David and said, "Okay, it's your decision. When you think it's been long enough would you go check in on him, so I don't ask myself every 10 seconds 'Should I go in now?'" So Jonathan cries (not hard-core crying, but fussing) about 10 minutes and David gets up, I presume, to replace the pacifier. I hit "pause" on the movie and wait a moment for David to return. And wait... and wait. I finally go back to check on them and find David in the rocking chair with Jonathan all smiles, the two of them "coo'ing" and "agoo'ing" and apparently having quite a time together. What happened to our movie? What happened to bed time? What happened to my husband being the one with the backbone??? David's answer: "He was just too cute, and he smiled at me and said "agoo," so I thought he wanted to talk." Alrighty then. New rule: Jonathan goes to bed and has to stay in his bed and fall asleep there... unless he's really cute and says "agoo."
4 comments:
Congrats on the new little one, Jennifer! Gosh, it's been SO long! I just had my second in June so I can totally relate! And congrats on the MD! I had no idea! Too bad you aren't in Dallas, I would totally use you as our ped.
Wow, he is SO cute! I love your blog!
I am waiting (not so patiently) for some Halloween pics! I can't wait to see the cuteness!
Hey Jennifer! I totally am there with the sleep training thing. It WORKS, it's harder than anything, but you can do it!!!! Love, Jane
Post a Comment