
Happy Halloween! Our little Peanut dressed as a Chili Pepper, and our puppy Pepper dressed as himself. The Pepper duo had already split by the time our 3 (yes, three) trick-or-treaters came by -- baby was fast asleep (yeah!) and the puppy sequestered in the backyard ("No bark.... I said NO barking!").

Yep, our little Chili Pepper was in bed by 8 on Halloween, and for the past two nights has slept 8pm to 4am without a peep. I'm so excited I'm willing to take the risk of "jinxing" the situation by bragging on him. Though I'm sure somewhere down the line bedtime will be known as a time of chaos in the Hong house, with pre-schoolers creating excuse after excuse as to why they can't go to bed, for now we are quite enjoying the routine. Jonathan loves bath time and spends most of the bath watching the action in the mirror, and David usually reads him "I Love You, Goodnight," the same story we've been reading him since I was about 2 months pregnant.

We're having a blast with him, fascinated by his growing vocabulary ("googoo," "gaga," "agoo," and a variety of vowel mixtures I won't attempt to spell) and watching him talk at length to the animals in his mobile. Daddy has been replaced as the Funniest Person in the House by Jonathan himself -- he cracks up with his Daddy, but laughs hardest at his own smiling face in the mirror.
Random note: A big thanks to Erin who gave Jonathan pants at my baby shower. I love that he has pants to wear to church (you can't go pant-less to church!). But much more importantly, they are the vital poopie barrier that has saved loads of our own clothes from poop explosions that defy the diaper barrier. Thanks Erin! And with that I must make the apology to Audra, who held Jonathan in a pant-less moment and became the innocent victim of a poop-out.
Okay... Jonathan's getting bored of "agoo'ing" at the Froggie I put in his bouncer with him. He's moved from happy "agoo" to a sharp irritated "aaaahye." I think we'll head out on a walk. As a last note, please keep our little guy in your prayers on Thursday -- he's getting a little "tune-up" at Texas Children's Hospital, having his hernia repaired in the OR.
2 comments:
I am so jealous! Logan lets me get 2-3 hours of sleep a night if I'm lucky. Jonathan makes an adorable chili pepper!
This entry should be called "The Two Little Peppers, and How They Grew" :)
Post a Comment