Jonathan apparently enjoyed napping in his Big Boy Bed this afternoon. For the summer he and his little buddy Nathaniel are spending the days together, and they just LOVE each other's company. Jonathan gets so excited when Nathaniel arrives in the morning. The two of them run around in the morning, shrieking and laughing like 12 year old girls arriving at a slumber party.
Joy decided to have Jonathan nap in his Big Boy Bed and have Nathaniel nap on his mat in the floor of the same room. Until now, they've been napping in separate rooms, and the boys were apparently tickled at each other's presence. Joy sat quietly in the room with them until they fell asleep. I was impressed with her for even attempting the arrangement.
"Naptime went so much better than I thought it would. At first the boys kept talking, and looking over at each other and talking, and Jonathan kept saying, 'Taniel sleeping?' He was so very happy and excited to have us with him for nap time, and I loved every minute of it! I sat by the door remind them it's 'Night Night Time.' Eventually Jonathan fell asleep first, then Nathaniel about 15 minutes later. It wasn't any fuss or hassle at all! Then Jonathan work up first and was calling down to Nathaniel from his bed. 'Taniel sleeping?' I tried to sneak in to get him out without waking Nathaniel, but the door squeaked when I opened it, and Jonathan yelled out, 'Ms. Joy!' when he saw me, waking Nathaniel, too."
No comments:
Post a Comment