Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Awaiting Abigail

Does this make 6 posts in the 7 days of September? * Hmm... guess who's finally off work and in full-out catch-up / homemaking / nesting mode!? I've made more trips up and down the attic stairs in a few days than I have in the past year (yes, David's carrying all the boxes, but I keep coming up with little things to run up there or something I remember I need down), the closets are re-organized, pink and purple baby clothes washed and tucked away, even Jonathan's toys have new and orderly homes (for the moment). Not to say the house is spick-n-span clean, but the activity creates the illusion that I'm a little more ready. I even am (finally) finishing Jonathan's baby book! As to what I'm "supposed" to be working on during this time (my pediatric board preparation)... we're getting there. I have a few hours set aside to study tomorrow. I could definitely use more study time and realize it's gone once our newborn arrives, but I'm eager to meet our little Abigail and have her in my arms instead of my tummy.

Meanwhile, her room is pretty much ready. Here's a token photo for those who have asked to see her little abode. The small gift bag sitting on the changing table is from Jonathan. Today at the baby store he picked out a present for Baby Abby. It's a little pink hippo, and he was pretty excited about it. Of course, he was hesitant to put it in a bag as he'd like to play with it in the meantime, but it was cute to hear him tell me that Jonathan bought it for Baby Abby. She'll be giving him a cowboy hat (which he's been asking for for months) in return. Aren't they thoughtful siblings?


* Must confess, there's actually yet another post pending, when I have a chance to edit the video.

No comments: