After breakfast and some morning coloring, we went to see Ms. Judy and get Jonathan's (much, much overdue) haircut.
One of the moments of the day that was simultaneously funny and exhausting came as we prepared to leave for Jonathan's afternoon swim class. I told Abby, "We're going to get in the car in a minute. Go get a baby doll and you can take it with you." I wasn't sure she'd follow through, but she headed off, and I went back to getting J ready for class.
As I headed towards the door with the swim bag in hand, Abby approached the back door pushing a shopping cart full of toys, with two baby dolls and three blankets on top. I wasn't sure if she'd gotten distracted or really thought she'd be taking all of this along... until I entered the utility room, where I saw that she'd pushed a stroller with 2 babies and stuffed animal up against the back door and was headed towards the garage with the second load. I laughed, grabbed one doll, and told her, "One baby, Abby. You may bring ONE baby with you." Of course, my 15 month old was then distraught, ran off crying, fell on the floor, and momentarily grieved the loss before springing to her feet and grabbing the shopping cart to make a second mad dash to the back door as though she had any real hope of bringing a stroller, a shopping cart, 4 dolls, 3 blankets, and a load of toys along for the car ride. I couldn't help but smile at her ambition despite my frustration in yet another delay getting out the door.
~~~~~~~~
These last pics are from a few days ago.
There's nothing like having this sweet little boy literally running straight for me with unbridled excitement at seeing his Mom there to pick him up after preschool gym class.
I'm blessed beyond belief.
No comments:
Post a Comment