I love how when I ask Jonathan what he did at preschool today, he usually answers, "Just played away, Mommy." I'd love to hear a few more details, but the answer cracks me up.
And it's soooo much better than the answer he'd give his first few weeks at Mother's Day Out last year. I'd pick him up, happy as a lark, and ask about his day. "What'd you do at school today, Jonathan?"
"I cried, Mommy," he answered every day. Even when they told me he hadn't cried a bit! It was awful. Thankfully, he quickly grew to like school. And now he just "plays away."
However, Jonathan asked that I not take pictures of him as he played away in the backyard today, so these are some Abby highlights. Does it look like summer? 'Cause it is! Whew, it's hot already!
Summer sun dress and sandals.

Pretty flower. In fact, our yard has about 20 fewer flowers after Abby's afternoon harvest.
Flower for Mommy.
Flower for Abby.
Pretty girl in a sun bonnet.
Playing in the sandbox.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This weekend, we had 5 kids in the house. I have to say, it was less chaotic than I expected, and we had a great time.
Silas doesn't talk yet, but I'm pretty sure he intended to say, "Please, Abby... don't talk with your mouth full."
Breakfast!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Last week, Abby and I spent a morning at Herman Park while Jonathan was at preschool.

Riding the train was lots of fun. Then we went to find the ducks.
Abby liked feeding the ducks.
Abby also liked feeding Abby.

No comments:
Post a Comment