While Colorado photos are still on David's laptop, which isn't here with me tonight, these are a few snapshots from the week.
I came home from morning clinic on Saturday to find Abby wearing a toga made made from a purple blanket and a chip clip. [Chip clips have been an essential wardrobe accessory in our home for more than 2 years now.] She was having much more fun than appears from the photo above.
The kids were enthralled in the game "Time Machine," in which Jonathan picks some time from the past or future ("when everything was dirt and worms!"), and their daddy spins them together in the chair until it stops in some remote time. Inevitably, there is a creature who is after Abby, requiring Jonathan to rescue her. The rescue usually involved the use of science fiction weapons, largely laser beams and force fields. Instructions for the appropriate utilization of such weapons were, of course, provided by Daddy. I'd say the game's educational value and is questionable, but they were definitely having a ton of fun. I think it went on a good hour and a half. I'm impressed no one lost their lunch!
The kids, David, and Pepper were all quite tired come late afternoon.
An evening family walk.
Jonathan's really enjoying his new bike. When we can find a stretch of sidewalk more than 10 feet long without a major crack, he really gets going.
Why wouldn't you wear a pink bike helmet and zebra rain boots to walk the dog?
Stories at bedtime with Daddy.
Up from bed for yet another round of, "Mommy, can you help me find Baby Monkey?" Baby Monkey is forever getting lost in a mess of covers and companion animals, but Jonathan is hard to turn down when I'm greeted so sweetly.
No comments:
Post a Comment