Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Just a few pics

Our external hard drive with all our photos and videos crashed the night before we left for vacation, about a week ago.  We have back-ups of some files, and were in the process of beginning an online back-up of the drive but had just finished the actual computer and had not yet backed up this specific drive.  Though we got home a bit more than 24 hrs ago, I'm totally pooped and still have a few more things to put away... and I'm afraid if I pull out the hard drive to plug it in and see what happens, I'll just get wrapped up in the process of trying to fix the whole mess.  Sooo, for now it's sitting in the safe, covered in little prayers, waiting for it's chance to prove to me that it doesn't in fact need an expensive computer doctor.  And when I have just enough energy to deal with it, I'll pull it out and see what happens.  For the moment, here are a few snapshots from the trip that I have easily available, and one from the week before which I had saved elsewhere.


Jonathan on the day he accompanied us to our ultrasound to find out his coming sibling will be a baby brother!


Abby in the hotel in Aspen after waking from her nap to an afternoon shower.


Jonathan after climbing a hill outside our hotel, at 8am.  Looking at this shot and the one at the park above, I think I must be seeing Jonathan as quite the big boy these days, with his 4-year-old birthday behind us, another year of preschool ahead, and a little baby on the way.


Jonathan and Papa riding the gondola up Aspen Mountain.


David on Aspen Mountain.


 Aspen trees in the moonlight outside our hotel.


 Downtown Aspen at 9pm.

Of course, there are many more candids from our trip... I'll just need to pull them off David's laptop one of these evenings.  

1 comment:

Kimie said...

Love the "reflection" photo of Abby - must have been a challenge in the low light (?), but it doesn't look grainy at all! Good luck with the hard drive!!