Other highlights of the past week:
* Jonathan has come to love baths. Now that he gets to sit in the warm water they seem to be a highlight of the day.
* He's also come to enjoy car rides (at least those lasting less than 2 hours) -- thank Goodness! They're a pretty reliable way to get a nap in.
* "Milk Drunk" is Jonathan's dazed-but-content expression that lasts about 20 minutes after each feed. A full baby is a happy baby!
* He smiles and laughs more and more each day, and it just melts our hearts. You can't hold a grudge about his 4am protests against the crib (or any still or flat surface) when he looks right in your eyes and breaks out one of those whole-face smiles.
* Yummy Thanksgiving-Evacuation feast at the ranch! With the Turkey rescued from Aunt Audrey's freezer we put together a whole Thanksgiving style feast, complete with stuffing and cranberry sauce, while waiting out the hurricane -- a yummy way to forget Ike for a few hours!
One month into mommyhood, I pause to reflect on some the lessons learned:
A baby can create his own weight in dirty diapers, daily
OxyClean can get anything out of a onesie
The Itsy Bitsy Spider makes for an alright two-step
Jonathan loves dancing in the living room
Jennifer's not the only night-owl in the family, anymore
There's nothing as cute as watching David coo over and play with Jonathan. He was born to be a Dad.
The only person hungrier than a pregnant Mom is a nursing Mom
Jonathan's smile takes over his whole face in one of the happiest expressions I've seen. We've yet to catch it on film, but it's truly the cutest thing you've ever seen.
Few things smell as sweet as a just bathed baby.
The Pacifier... perfectly named.
A quick tribute to Pepper... Our wonderful puppy was the star of the blog and the spoiled only child in the Hong family until last month and has gone largely unmentioned since. We should take a moment to note he's been absolutely wonderful and gentle with Jonathan, getting up to sit at my feet for late-night nursing and keeping a close eye on any visitors holding the baby.
In closing, this contribution from David, "I'm convinced our baby is the cutest baby that I've ever seen. And I'm objective, 'cause I'm male."

Playing with Aunt Kimie

First visit with Jenn's Nana

Napping in the arms of a sleepy Mommy

Daniel & Kimie at the Evacuation Thanksgiving dinner

Cuddling with Nana

Jenn's Mom with Aunt Edyth and cousin Mary Alice in front of the prayer quilt they made Mom during her cancer treatment in 2006. Thank God for loving family, and for 2 years cancer-free!
2 comments:
I just love your pictures. The one of you and Jonathan, sleepy, is so precious and so familiar.
I'm glad y'all fared well with reference to Ike. Looks like you had some great quality time with the family.
Congrats to your Mom on her two years!!!
You might relate to this even more -- the book beside me is the Tropical / Travel Medicine book I was up "studying." oh well.
Post a Comment