David - "Pepper, sit!" "Good Pepper"
Bathtime that night:
Jonathan -- "Monkey, sit!" Floating monkey is held on the bottom of the bathtub, but he gets up the moment his master's attention is distracted... just like Pepper.
Bathtime last night:
I get up from my perch on a stool to drain the water in the tub.
Jonathan -- "Mommy, sit!" pointing emphatically at the stool. "Mommy, sit! Mommy sit!!!"
David and I were laughing so hard in surprise we couldn't keep a straight face, but managed to remind him: "Jonathan, we don't tell Mommy what to do. You may ask, 'Please sit, Mommy,' but for now bathtime is over.'"
Jonathan -- "PEEEEASE... Mommy, Sit!"
-------------
We were enjoying more evening family walks as the weather's become so nice the past few weeks, but with Jonathan refusing to ride in the stroller (and in fact, often insisting on pushing the stroller himself... which takes FOREVER), these are veeeery sloooow walks... little potential for any true exercise there. So last night I dipped into parenting techniques of desperation. I sliced up apples, filled a cup with milk, and put the little tray on his stroller, topped with snacks and 'his' (broken) cell phone. Sure enough... happy toddler, loved the fruit pre-dinner appetizer, and we made it around the neighborhood at a brisk pace without anyone crying! So much for never using food as a bribe. That lasted about 19 months.
--------------
Jonathan's nanny has been working on counting with him. She tells me she'll say "One." Jonathan says "Two." She says "Three" and he says "(Good) Job," congratulating her on her counting success. Not so sure he's catching on here. But then...
Tonight Jonathan was running around the front yard with a stick (beloved symbol of nature and power) when he found a second. "TWO sticks!" as he snatches the second. May be he is getting the hang of it!
-------------
Tonight I hear Jonathan exclaim, "Move potty!" Sure enough, he's rushing out of the bathroom with his favorite potty-sitting toy in hand. He deposits it on the living room floor and returns to the bathroom, re-emerging with his favorite potty-sitting book. It's dropped by the toy, and he returns to the bathroom to retrieve the throne. Out he stumbles, potty chair in his arms, and plops it on the living room floor, where he plants himself (still in his little jeans) to play with his toy. I had to grab the camera. Yup, he moved the potty.
-----------
Little Jellybean's doing great. We had another appointment with the midwives this week and heard baby's sweet little heartbeat. There's nothing like that fast little woosh woosh woosh. I can't believe we're at 15 weeks already, and I'm hoping my stomach has a little more stable season ahead for the second trimester. Every so often when I'm quiet I get a little baby nudge, and I can't wait to feel the regular reassuring little 'Bean kicks.
As everyone promised, this pregnancy definitely shows a little faster than my first. Today at the hospital I saw someone I hadn't run into in a few months. Before I could say "hi," she exclaimed, "You're expecting!" Yep! Sure am!
No comments:
Post a Comment