Saturday, August 6, 2011

Accessories! And our Baby Worm's Lullabye

Abby discovered today that she can put her hand through a teething ring and wear it on her wrist. It was so cute to watch her slipping it on and off and back on again, flicking her wrist back and forth, quite pleased with herself, then wearing it around a while. She must have seen that the orange matched her clothes!







And, a slightly messier baby, thoroughly enjoying her lentil mushroom stew.


She was so messy, looked nearly muddy, that day I was tempted to call my daughter Baby Worm... My son's preferred name of the week.

In fact, in the airport last week the TSA guy looked at Jonathan's ticket and then asked him, "Can you tell me your name?". To which he replied, totally straight faced, "Baby Worm."

So, for the past week I've been singing the Worm Lyllabye. It goes something like this,

"Lullabye, sleepy worm, go to sleep my sweet wormie. Now you've wiggled through the mud, and you're slimey and tired. Go to sleep, little worm, as you dream in your worm hole. Go to sleep, Baby Worm, and you'll dream of more mud."

No joke. I sing it totally seriously and sweetly like a regular lullaby, and Jonathan curls up next to me all cuddly and happy and kisses me, "Good night, Mommy Worm". It's the favorite part of my night.



Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Heather said...

I really need to hear you singing the worm lullaby next time I see you!