Thursday, October 13, 2011
Happy
Jonathan's at preschool, and with Abby just down for a nap I have a few minutes to myself, which I spend loading the dishwasher, folding onesies and little boy's polo shirts, pulling baby headbands out of random nooks and crannies where they've been deposited by either herself or her brother, and throwing into Abby's toy shopping cart a host of toys that were hauled in and strewn about my bedroom floor at 6:15 this morning. As the shopping cart reaches capacity, I push it down the hall to the kids' rooms with baby dolls and puppy dogs hanging off the sides, minutes before Abby wakes for a snack and some time to play before going to pick up her brother, and I realize, "This is what I always dreamed of." Not the housework, per se, but the evidence of the little people that fill, in some way or another, my every waking moment. I couldn't ask for more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment