We had a beautiful day Monday and headed back to the Arboretum in search of bluebonnets. One of my favorite parts of the day was simply walking down the paths holding Abby and Jonathan's hands.

I love the feel of their little hands in mine as we walk.

We had a great time. What I may love even more than holding their hands, is seeing them take each other's hands and enjoy the walk together.

Jonathan will tell you we "walked, and walked... sooooo far to the bluebonnets." I really didn't haul them a few miles down forest trails, but it did take a while once we'd stopped to look at bark, and frogs, and turtles, clover, and ants....


They found a little pile of ants beside the board walk. Jonathan told me they were "working really hard on their project," and that evening when asked his favorite part of the day... it was watching the ants. I love catching the two of them engrossed in sharing a moment together.

We got to the bluebonnets! We couldn't stay terribly long, though. For some reason, Abby was hellbent on picking bluebonnets from one side of the path and carrying them over to the other side. No matter my distractions and redirection, she tore handful after handful of flowers and ran them across the path until I had to cut out of there before someone came around the bend to find my daughter destroying the place!

Jonathan was happy to take a few pics in the flowers. The next day in preschool he painted pictures of bluebonnets and told his teacher all about our trip.
No comments:
Post a Comment