We had a wonderful weekend at the ranch spending some nice time with my brother Daniel and sister-in-law Kimie, as well as my first and only (so far) niece, the adorable Baby Lucy. The only down to the weekend was wishing we could do it more often. We so enjoyed seeing them, and while the drive up to Dallas doesn't seem too far, when you add the work and church schedules of 4 adults and throw in 3 small children between us, we just don't see each other often enough. Not only did we have a great time, but I came home with goody bags! Kimie can make anything from scratch. I'm pretty convinced she makes her own flour. So when I told her recently I hadn't been able to find a cream of (anything) soup at Whole Foods that fit my migraine diet to use in other recipes... she simply made some. From scratch. Best cream of mushroom soup ever.
The kids enjoyed playing with their aunt and uncle, and they both were delighted to see Lucy. Jonathan was especially taken with his little cousin.
We shot some photos of the cousins together. While mine didn't come out at all except the one above, I think Kimie got some cute pics of the kids.
Enjoying the afternoon sunshine.
Aren't they a cute pair?
Pepper also enjoyed the ranch. Doesn't he look like a ranch dog here? To be honest, there's nothing country about him, and I was worried that he'd sneak through a fence and get lost somewhere or bitten by a snake while I was distracted with the kids. I'm glad to have him home safe again.
I'm sure Jonathan told his Uncle Daniel all about his construction vehicles as they relocated them from one "construction site" to another.
I mean, this boy REALLY loves his construction vehicles.

I especially enjoyed spending some time with Jonathan outside in the afternoon, talking about the cows, the cutter ants, and the country side around us. He was pretty entertained to find out that cutter ants are farmers. I think I learned that from my Dad watching the ants on this same land.
My little cowboy.
No comments:
Post a Comment