Sunday, October 14, 2012

Dewberry Farm and the Pumpkin Patch

The kids started asking last week if we could go to a pumpkin patch yet.  In past year's we've been to a small yard outside of a local church, [WOW, can't believe how much the kids have changed since then!], but I thought this year we'd go explore Dewberry Farm.  It was such a hit.   We even got to meet up with some friends, a family who David knows from his time in New York who moved to Houston a few years ago.  We didn't have time to explore even half of the activities the farm had to offer, and we'll definitely be going back next year. 





Our first priority was the pumpkin patch, and the kids were excited about the ride out there.


Daddy gave rides in the pumpkin cart, and the kids tumbled around on the pumpkins before picking out one to take home.





I had high hopes of a photo of the two of them among the pumpkins, 



but I seriously don't know how anyone manages a photo of two smiling kids looking at the camera.


With David's assistance, we got this for our "pumpkin patch picture."




We weighed and purchased our choice pumpkin.


Next stop was the Cow Train.



Apparently, the kids REALLY love riding cow trains!


From there we went off to explore the corn maze.




I love watching the kids head out on "adventures" together.



Then Jonathan and David headed off to explore a hay pile and rope swings, while Abby and I played in a field of flowers.




She had such fun picking flower while singing and counting the blooms.




[Clicking on the image should enlarge the series]

As the sun set we had turkey legs and corn dogs for dinner and headed home.  Thankfully, the kids were tired enough from our adventures and the late bedtime hour that for the first time they fell asleep in less than 90 minutes in their new bunk beds.  In fact, I think they were out in about 20 minutes, if that!



2 comments:

Kimie said...

What wonderful fall photos! Looks like a fantastic day :)

Aubree said...

Also, WOW, look at the change in your photography in one year! I love these photos!