Tuesday, October 9, 2012

My Builder

The Ikea trip from yesterday included the purchase of a new activity table for the kids' room.  My dad creatively re-built our former coffee table into a kid-proof, no-corner, padded-edges table that's served us well for a few years, but it is literally on its last leg.  Jonathan was excited to help me build it during his sister's nap time today.



Check, all supplies in hand.




Everything from Ikea starts with pegs.



Some of those pegs are a bit hard to fit.


Everything from Ikea also includes an allen wrench.





First steps complete, time for the first quality-control check.





Abby woke up just in time to help.


And we have ourselves a table! 


A quick rest back in the bunk bed.

2 comments:

Kimie said...

Okay, so I have to ask - was that shot of Jonathan in front of the windows an assignment on shooting back-lit subjects? Beautifully done! :)

Jennifer said...

Hehe! Well, the whole series was an assignment on "story telling series." Once the table was done I SO wanted a pic of him Indian style on top of the table with a big "I did it!" smile! But he was sooo squirrelly after focusing on his project that I could barely keep him on the table for two seconds! You wouldn't believe how long it takes to put together a table when a 4yo asks to help and then Mommy decides to move the project into better lighting and shoot the whole thing!