Sunday, April 28, 2013

Sweet baby boy

I am so enjoying Joshua's babyhood. Tonight it's after 1am and after waking to help Jonathan, then feed Joshua, I'm now up with Joshua who seems to be having trouble sleeping. After trying to settle him back down in his bed a while I've brought him up to snuggle a while, and he's already getting quiet and cozy.

He's such a fun and sweet natured baby. He just lives cooing back at us when we baby talk with him, and he reliably breaks into a huge open-mouth rootless grin when we look at him straight in the eyes and smile. He's become more ticklish, along his back and on his chest, but he especially enjoys breaking into big laughs whenever the person holding him laughs. Often when I'm nursing him in the evenings and talking with David he'll stop nursing for a few moments to join in on our laugh. Then he tries to nurse again with a big silly grin on his face.

He also well tolerates, even enjoys, all the in-your-face close-up attention he receives from his brother and sister. They absolutely adore him, and Abby especially enjoys cupping his face in her hands and getting nose-to-nose with him cooing "sweet baby boy!" He lights up with his sister and brothers attention and seems to relate to them more each day.

Joshua began rolling over today. Not just a per chance flip, but rolling onto his back each time I placed him on his tummy. He even seemed quite pleased about it! Then a few minutes ago he began thrashing around in his co-sleeper crib beside me, repeatedly throwing his feet into the air and swinging them to his right while twisting his shoulders right. It started to look like he was trying to roll onto his tummy, and then all of the sudden he did!

He got himself so worked up with all the thrashing about I brought him into bed with me to calm down. He's now where he most loves to be, if not nursing -- nestled into the crook of my left arm, cuddled quietly with his head on my shoulder.

I think I'll transfer the little snuggle bunny back to his own bed and catch some sleep before one of the preschoolers wakes ip for one reason or another!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: