Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Dewberry Farm, 2013, and the annual Pumpkin Photo Fail

We had a fun afternoon out at Dewberry farm with our friends the Lanes.  As usual, I dressed the kids in fun fall outfits before heading out, but it seems coordinated fall photos just aren't meant to be!  After panning for "gold," before we headed out to the patch, Jonathan's pants and front were soaking wet!  The sun was setting, but the park was also closing and the food was being closed down as our hungry, very tired troops wrapped up a fun day in the 95+ degree heat and humidity.  I was about 12 hours early in dressing them for the fall cold front that came in later that evening, and we were all exhausted after sweating out the heat that afternoon.  Despite the uncomfortable weather and the this-isn't-going-to-happen rushed 5 minutes for photos in the pumpkins, we had a really fun day of running around the play ground, riding the "cow train" and the "real train," braving huge slides, hay rides, panning for gold, and picking out the perfect pumpkin.  The older I get the more I enjoy the celebration of the changing of seasons (maybe next year I'll get myself some teacher-esque seasonal jumpers!), and Dewberry farm has become a really fun family tradition.
Yet again, I can't BELIEVE how much the big kids have grown up in the past year since our last trip, especially Abby!

Here are a few shots from our day














It's a tough call as to which of these is goofier:









 The boys found a pile of cement and rocks to play with in the middle of the field of flowers, though Jonathan did pick a few for me just before we left :)


No comments: