Lord, I don't deserve the extravagant blessings you've poured upon us, but I accept them with a deeply grateful heart and strive to give these little guys a foundation of faith, a knowledge of your love, and an understanding of grace.
*****
To the wonderful kids who make me a Mom:
Jonathan,
I so often tell you, "I'm such a lucky Mommy to get to be your Mommy!" and I mean it. Living with you, living life as your Mommy, is a blast. It's hysterical, sweet, and exhausting all at once, and I love every single day of it. I really do.
Playing with you is always entertaining. The enthusiasm with which you play is contagious, and I really enjoy seeing the families you create with your animals, the creativity and focus with which you design your train tracks, and the energy you put into just bouncing around. There are few things that can bring a smile to our faces as quickly as hearing you whiz past us in the living room shrieking, "I'm running around naked!" or flopping around your bed in giggles declaring, "I'm going nuts, Mommy! I'm going nuts!"
I love how all your toys have a place and all your animals have a roll. I love it when you sing, "My God is so big, so strong, and so mighty!" loudly with me at bedtime. I love your quick and simple prayer at dinner ("Dear God, Thank you for the food that you made. Amen!") And I love your enthusiasm for the "question game."
I had no idea having a son would be so much fun. I would never have guessed that my heart would race as I rush to scoop you up from your bed and throw open the front door at the crack of dawn on a Tuesday morning to be sure we don't miss seeing the garbage truck I just heard turn the corner.
And I never would have guessed that I would miss you every time I get stopped by a train while I'm out running errands or on my way to work without you.
Thank you for every time you've thrown your arms around me and declared, "I love you SO much, Mommy!"
Your Daddy and I love you more than you'll ever know. Thanks for bringing us so much adventure,
Mommy
************
My dear little Abigail,
I'll never forget the tears of joy I cried when I learned you were a baby girl, that in a few months we would have a daughter. We named you Abigail that very day, for "Father's joy," but you are your mother's joy, too.
We fall more in love with you every day of these past 7 1/2 months and are having so much fun seeing your personality emerge. Your full-hearted smile is the most wonderful part of our day, and rocking you at night warms my heart to no end.
It is just amazing watching your little mind learn and begin to figure things out. You have an usual grace about you for such a young baby. From the day you began sitting, I can't recall you ever tipping over, and though you've only just learned to pull to stand, you can reach down to get a toy and lower yourself to sit without falling. But one of my favorite memories of you as a baby will always be how you have always held my hands. Babies like to grasp an adult's fingers, but you hold our fingers and study our hands so carefully. From 2 or 3 months old you had the sweetest most unusual habit while laying down to sleep. You'd squirm and struggle to fall asleep in your crib, but always wanted to hold my hand while you did. And if I moved my hand to pat your back, you'd reach your little baby hand around your back to feel around for my hand and then take hold of my fingers in your own... every time. It's so endearing.
Your started babbling "Dadada" today, and it's so much fun to hear how much expression you put into your happy squeals and chatter. You get so excited, it's clear you know you've hit an exciting milestone, and you light up even more when we babble "Dadada" back to you. The way you squeal and wriggle with delight when you see your Daddy makes me suspect you'll be calling him Dada directly before long.
We just adore your sweet nature, warm cuddles, and how much you enjoy the company of your family. You've always been happiest, from your very first months, sitting with the family, even if it was just staying up to sit happily and quietly on my lap during family dinner when it was well past your little baby bedtime and you would have been exhausted. It's especially sweet to see how much you and Jonathan delight in being with each other, and I can't wait to see your friendship evolve.
Abigail, your Daddy and I love you more than you'll ever know. You bring us so very much joy, and we are so excited to see you learning, growing up, and squealing with happiness,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment