Monday, May 2, 2011

How 'bout them apples?

In the car today Jonathan and I talked about the number zero. So as I put him to bed I, thought I'd see how much he understood. This is the conversation that followed.

"Jonathan, if I have one apple and you have one apple, how many apples do we have all together?"
"Two."
"That's right! And if I eat my apple, then how many do we have left?"
"Just one."
"That's right. And if Pepper eats your apple, then how many are left?"
"None."
"Yeah, zero. There are no more apples left."
Jonathan then bursts into tears, crying loudly, "But I want my apple! I don't WANT Pepper to eat my apple!"

That's what I get for trying word math with a tired two year old at bedtime!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

~~~~~
5/26/11 Addition to the Question Game:
Bedtime question: "Jonathan, if you are running faster than Baby Abby, and Daddy is running faster than you are, who is running the fastest?"
"Daddy!"
"That's right. And who is running the slowest?"
"You are, Mommy!"

2 comments:

Kimie said...

Sooo sad. Too funny - what a great kid.

Heather said...

That is hilarious!! He's a smart kid :)